Super September Writing Prompts!
Get ready for a cycle of seasons with this list of September writing prompts! Languid summer days wane as autumn approaches, and your students sense that impending change outside your classroom windows. Direct their creative energies to the page through choices from the following collection of writing prompts. Use these ideas for all your lesson plans, from free response journal entries to complete, polished narratives! Click below to print a copy for immediate use.
- You are auditioning to be a circus performer. Which role are you choosing? What might your life be like if you get this job?
- Describe the most difficult or challenging weather you've ever experienced.
- What are your happiest memories. Explain.
- Have you ever lost something of great value to you? Explain.
- If you could help people become more committed to saving any endangered species, which one would it be? Why? Outline how you would encourage its conservation.
- You are an explorer with unlimited funding. What part of the land, sea, or skies will you explore? Discuss your findings.
- In your opinion, what's the most important job in the world? Why do you think so?
- What's the best advice you'd give to a writer?
- What kinds of jobs can kids do to earn spending money? What can YOU do to earn extra cash?
- You are voyaging to a distant world and can only pack five items in your bag. What are they? Why did you choose these things?
- You are in charge of the schoolwide clean-up day. What needs to be done? How would you organize everything?
- What are three things you can do to encourage people to read more books?
- What athlete from the past or present inspires you to be your best? Explain.
- You are the leader of a new country. What are the first three laws you will put into place, and why are these laws necessary?
- You are a circus clown. Describe your make-up, your costumes, and your circus acts.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each form of transportation that we use in modern life?
- Describe your favorite pet. Include details of good memories with this animal.
- In your opinion, which of the planets in our solar system is the most interesting? Why do you think so?
- What does it mean to be polite? What was the last polite thing you did or said? How do you think it made the other person feel?
- You are editor-in-chief of a local newspaper. What will be today's front-page headline and story?
- Create a folk tale explaining why leaves change color.
- You enter a downtown hat shop and try on a _______. Immediately, you are transported to __________. What adventures do you have?
- What's your favorite desert? Invent a new one!
- What would life be like without numbers? Describe a day in such a world.
- Invent a new kind of shoe. Who should buy it?
- If you were to recommend a certain form of physical exercise to kids and adults, what would you choose and why? What are the health benefits of your choice?
- There are twelve months in a calendar year. Imagine adding a thirteenth month! Where should this new month be placed? What should be its name? What is special about this new month? What holidays are in the month?
- Create a fable about a mouse, a rat, a chipmunk, and a gerbil. Be sure to include a life lesson that one of the animals learns.
- On a dark library shelf, you discover a yellowed, curious-looking map. What happens next?
- You've written the latest best-selling novel. What's is about? Discuss the characters and the plot.
Get a ready-to-use copy here!
Return from September Writing Prompts to Creative Writing Prompts
Return from September Writing Prompts to Creative Writing Ideas and Activities
Helping You Write Across the Curriculum!
copyright 2009-2013 www.creative-writing-ideas-and-activities.com