What's Not to Love with These February Writing Prompts?
Channel this month's lovin'feelings to the page with these February writing prompts! Scan through this collection, and click below for a copy. Make an overhead transparency for classroom use, or distribute individual copies for works-in-progress folders.
Click for a copy to clip into your plan book!
- If you could learn a new skill, what would it be? Explain why you made this choice, and describe exactly what you would do?
- Describe a quality you really like about yourself.
- What quality about yourself needs changing? How would you change this quality?
- Abraham Lincoln was president during the American Civil War. If you could interview President Lincoln about the Civil War, what would you ask him? Describe the conversation.
- George Washington was the commander-in-chief of the colonial forces during the American Revolution,later becoming the first US president. If you could interview President Washington about the Revolution, what would you ask him? Describe the conversation.
- Do you think every American should visit Washington,DC, at some point in his or her life? Why? support your opinion.
- Suppose you have an overseas friend who is moving to the United States. Do you think your friend should move to a large urban area or to a quieter rural area? Why? For what reasons?
- Imagine that you are an airline pilot. Report your adventures.
- What's the hardest thing you've ever had to wait for? Describe it in detail.
- Who is your favorite senior citizen? What makes this person so special?
- If you were asked to choose three African-Americans you think have contributed most to US history and culture, whom would you select? For what reasons?
- Do you have any activities or hobbies that interest you? What jobs or careers might be related to your hobbies?
- You are a world-class chef. Plan your favorite menu. To whom would you serve it?
- Have you ever mistreated someone and would like to be forgiven? Is there anyone you might want to forgive, even though it can be difficult sometimes? Compare and contrast both situations.
- Describe three kindnesses you can do TODAY for others, before the school day ends.
- Have you ever started a project you didn't finish? Does it ever bother you NOT to finish things? Explain your thoughts.
- Thomas Edison said,"Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration." What do you think he meant, and do you agree?
- If you could choose a different name for yourself, what would it be? Explain your reasons.
- What are the three most important things you have learned in school and why?
- What three inventions do you think are most important and why?
- What qualities do you look for in a friend? What two things can you do this week to show appreciation to your best friend?
- What's your favorite fairy tale? Why? How would you retell this particular story?
- The sky glows with an unusual light. This is no ordinary winter sunset. Behind you, you hear...
- If your best friend had a million dollars, how would he or she spend it and why?
- If your best friend were President for six months, what decisions would he or she make and why?
- If your best friend won an around-the-world trip, where he or she go and why?
- Summarize the most vivid dream you ever had.
- Think of the title of your favorite book or movie. Now, create a plot completely different from that of the author or director! How would you have written the novel or shot the film?
- Invent a unique Leap Year's Day celebration. Discuss it in detail.
Return from February Writing Prompts to Creative Writing Prompts
Return from February Writing Prompts to Creative Writing Ideas and Activities
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Helping You Write Across the Curriculum!
copyright 2009-2013 www.creative-writing-ideas-and-activities.com